The Holistic Kitchen- A feast for the senses and soul

Dedicated to all that is wonderful about food and cooking- how it feeds mind, body and spirit and connects us to the earth and to each other.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Times change

For those of you who don't know I am now working three quarter time for the man. This is in addition to my private practice. Monday was my last day at my personal chef job so I'll have a few more hours in the week, now.
It has been a difficult adjustment and I am finally getting a grip on my time management. So postings have been slow and I miss them. Also with me gone during the days and, up until now, three weeknights cooking has been on the back burner. HAR HAR. Get it?
Anyhoo, our CSA has started again hooray!!!


No picture but we made an excellent grilled tuna salad.
The salad consisted of delightfully tender butter lettuce, delicious sweet strawberries, leftover corn off the cob and some hard Chinese noodles for a little crunch.
The dressing was mac nut oil, TJ's orange muscat vinaigrette, shallots, squeeze of lemon huice and Salt and pepper.
Tuna was simply oiled nad grilled with S&P and served on top of the salad.

We were amazed by how well all the flavors went together for something so simple.

Try it, you'll like it!

1 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, I've missed you. My CSA is in full swing now. More produce than I can eat in a week, even trying to eat those 7-8 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home