The Holistic Kitchen- A feast for the senses and soul

Dedicated to all that is wonderful about food and cooking- how it feeds mind, body and spirit and connects us to the earth and to each other.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Slacker

So, I have fallen prey to the affliction that hits bloggers in my house- procrastination. Also, I have not replaced my dead batteries in my camera so picture taking has been limited. I will post some recipes without pictures. As you are reading just use your imagination.
Last week was the last delivery of our farm share. I am sooo sad to have it over. It has been a wonderful year. Not as many green beans as I was expecting, nor fennel. I think I enjoy the greens the most. The kale, arugula, so many kinds of lettuce, even iceberg! That was a walk down memory lane as I can't say I have bought a head of iceberg in at least 15+ years. It is so good with Marie's blue cheese dressing and a few toasted and chopped hazelnuts that I might have to indulge myself once in a while.
I have spread my wings this year on the salad dressing and have embraced Annie's Goddess dressing. It's really sesame-y, with a hint of peppers and vinegar. It gave old Marie a run for her money.

Before my Mom died we used to get Marie's Blue cheese once a month, when the welfare check came. After she died, my grandparents wouldn't buy it because it was too expensive. So, every year, at Christmas, Maries would be on my list. And my Aunt Verna usually gave me a big jar of that creamy goodness.
Some kids get a pony. I got Blue Cheese and underwear.
If I could fend off the sisters, I would enjoy that jar for weeks.

awhile back I came unglued because they changed the packaging, the design and the size. It went from a sixteen ounce container to a 12 ounce container. Of course, the price stayed the same. (Just like Tillamook did the the ice cream cartons last year. Shrink the size and not the price.)
Anyway, now I know how my sister felt when the Whitman Sampler was rearranged. She was NOT happy. I thought it was funny at the time. And then they messed with my dressing.....

4 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goldenbergs have been taken over by Just Born. The packaging is completely different. The thrill is gone...

 
At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glory days...pass you by...
GGllloorrryyy Daaaayyssss!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Coral said...

please, indulge me the denial of my aging process. Thank you.

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are seriously funny! (Oxymoron?) next career move.......comedy writer...?

R

 

Post a Comment

<< Home