The Holistic Kitchen- A feast for the senses and soul

Dedicated to all that is wonderful about food and cooking- how it feeds mind, body and spirit and connects us to the earth and to each other.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Roasted Red Pepper Soup




I got this recipe from the Epicurious website
It was light and very good.
I substituted veggie broth for the chicken broth. Also, I used Stevia Blend for the sweetner (1/4 tsp.), instead of sugar.
While the color is nice, I thought the texture of the basil interrupted the smoothness of the soup. Making a basil infused oil and drizzling with that would be a better choice.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Basil oil is a good idea - and would look great against the cream.

I'd like to try molasses as the sweetener. It might be interesting to add a touch of basalmic vinegar.

Let me know if you want me to stop changing all your recipes. :-)

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home