The Holistic Kitchen- A feast for the senses and soul

Dedicated to all that is wonderful about food and cooking- how it feeds mind, body and spirit and connects us to the earth and to each other.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Good Tools make kitchen work easier

As a person with several drawers of kitchen tools and gadgets I think I can say that having the right tool for the right job adds to the enjoyment of cooking. A number of people have commented to me recently that it is difficult to peel squash. If it is hard work, one is not going to eat squash very often. For this delightful task I recommend the OXO potato peeler. It will whip the skin off a butternut faster than a......( you come up with a metaphor! An old Saturday Night Live episode is coming to mind.). It is a tough little peeler that I use on apples, pears, tomatoes, many different squashes. and oh, yes, potatoes. And then there is the matter of those pesky seeds in the squash. WEll, OXO also makes an ice cream scoop that is not only wicked on the hardest of ice creams, but also is amazing at removing those aforementioned seeds. I am not totally in love with OXO. I share my love with Zyliss for their garlic press and with the microplane grater people. And you can never love tongs enough. Tongs. Tongs. Tongs.
P.S. If you hear the OXO people are looking for sales reps let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home